The Mission of the West Virginia State Firemen’s Association Scholarship Fund: To assist full-time & part-time students desiring to further their academic education through college level courses in the fire science, technology, engineering or related programs, thereby promoting & strengthening the fire service in West Virginia.
- Must be a West Virginia resident for one (1) year prior to the date of application, and be a member of a fire department that is a member in good standing of the West Virginia State Firemen’s Association or a legal dependent of a member of the association.
- Must be accepted either full-time or part-time into an accredited fire science, technology, engineering or related certificate, diploma or degree program, and
- Must be a high school graduate or have earned a G.E.D.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed, typed application.
- Applicants must submit a typed statement of approximately 250 words explaining (a) why they are applying for financial assistance, (b) why they believe this course will be useful, and (c) their career goals and objectives, and
- Applicants must submit three(3) typed letters of recommendation. In evaluating the applications, preference will be given to those demonstrating need, desire and initiative. Credits previously attained in college or fire school should be listed and an official transcript furnished. Each applicant may be subject to a personal interview by a member of the WVSFA Scholarship Committee.
- WVSFA: Total of $500.00 scholarship to be awarded to either one or more applicants.
Below, you will find more information and the application packet for applying for the scholarships.